Staff Support for Resident Faculty

Staff assistants provide a range of basic administrative support functions. Resident Faculty Associates of the Center may apply to receive staff support by buying into the Center’s support “pool.” This program is subject to staff and space availability, but the Center considers this support a priority.

Who Is Eligible

Faculty Associates who have offices at the Weatherhead Center may apply for staff support.

How to Apply

Interested Faculty Associates should contact the executive director, Theodore J. Gilman.


Applications should be submitted as far in advance as possible before the beginning of each academic year.


Faculty who receive support from the Center should acknowledge it in future publications of their research.

Funding Available

The Center will match the contribution of the Faculty Associate on a two-to-one financial basis. Faculty usually use department funds for their portion.

See also: Faculty Grants