Faculty Associates are encouraged to nominate students both for affiliation with the Weatherhead Center and for research grants available to graduate and undergraduate students through the Center. These affiliations and grants benefit approximately eighty graduate students and twenty undergraduates each year, contributing in substantial ways to student-faculty interaction.
Who Is Eligible
Students may be nominated by Faculty Associates to the Weatherhead Center Graduate Student Associate Program or for a number of student research grants. Their research must be related to the core interests of the center, focusing on international, transnational, global, and comparative national issues and may address contemporary or historical topics, including rigorous policy analysis, as well as the study of specific countries and regions outside the United States. Eligibility requirements vary and are outlined on our website under Opportunities for Graduate Students and Postdoctoral Scholars and Opportunities for Undergraduates.
Opportunities for which students may qualify include:
- Graduate Student Associates (approximately twenty-four in total, from a variety of disciplines; support for three years);
- dissertation completion grants;
- pre-dissertation, mid-dissertation, and foreign-language study grants;
- undergraduate travel grants for senior thesis research or for short-term research or field experiences; and
- Canada research grants for graduate and undergraduate students.
Faculty Associates interested in making nominations should contact Clare Putnam, program coordinator, Student Programs and Fellowships.